That’s all you need to whip up a batch of these Nutella pillow cookies. Couldn’t be any simpler, so I don’t feel too bad about taking a quick study break to bake these (who are we kidding, I hadn’t started studying today when I went to my kitchen).
No need for an electric mixer, you can stir everything by hand. This easy recipe delivers chewy cookies with a smooth Nutella filling oozing from its centre. The fragrant hazelnut aroma fills the room, making it that much harder to concentrate on my readings.
Recipe Source: Butter Baking
Yields 10 cookies (Original recipe makes 18 but I wanted bigger cookies.)
1 cup Nutella
1 cup all-purpose flour
Jar of Nutella, refrigerated, for stuffing
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3) Mix the Nutella and the egg together in a large bowl.
4) Stir in the flour until incorporated.
5) Form dough balls and set them on the prepared tray.
6) Make a well in the middle of the dough ball.
7) Add a spoonful of Nutella in the centre. (Original recipe said to add 1 teaspoon but that didn’t seem generous enough for me so I put almost 1 teablespoon on Nutella in the well).
8) Seal the dough balls. Place the seal face down on the parchment paper.
9) I placed the tray in the fridge for 10 minutes to help the dough balls firm up, but this wasn’t one of the steps in the original recipe.
10) Bake for 10 minutes. (Original recipe states to bake the 18 cookies for 6-8 minutes, but I made mine bigger so baked them for longer.)